Ubiquiti UniFi Controller
This page explains different configuration scenarios for Ubiquiti Unifi and have authentication with IronWifi – captive portal and external RADIUS authentication and accounting.
Configuring UniFi Controller for external Captive Portal authentication
- Sign in to IronWifi Console
- Click on Networks and add a Network
- Click on Captive Portals and add a Captive Portal
- In the Captive Portal settings, add Authentication Provider – can be Anonymous for testing purpose
- Enter Controller URL, username and password. IronWifi servers need to be able to reach your Controller to authorize connecting devices.
- Sign in to your UniFi Controller
- In Wireless network settings change the Security to Open and enable Guest Services
- Navigate to Guest services settings
- Select External Captive Portal
- Enter 126.96.36.199 in the IP address input field
- Check the redirect using hostname checkbox and enter the Splash page URL from Captive Portal page in IronWifi Console
- Add 188.8.131.52/32 to the Pre-Authorization Access list
- Apply settings and try with your phone or computer
Configuring UniFi Controller for WPA-Enterprise
If you wish to have a WPA-Enterprise protected network without Captive Portal, navigate to Wireless Networks and change Security to WPA-Enterprise. Next configure the RADIUS servers, details about IronWifi RADIUS servers are available in IronWifi Console -> Networks.