SonicWall with External Captive Portal
This page explains configuration of SonicWall devices to work with IronWifi Captive Portal.
- SonicWall Access Point is setup and running the latest firmware.
- 802.1x SSID is already configured.
- DHCP and DNS are appropriately configured.
- IronWifi initial setup is complete. This includes Network and Captive Portal settings.
- SonicWall Access Point can communicate with IronWifi servers.
- The Guest SSID VLAN can communicate with IronWifi servers.
- All systems are appropriately licensed.
- Sign in to SonicWall Administration Interface.
- Click Network.
- Click Zones and click WLAN edit button
- Leave the “General” options default and click Guest Services
- Check Enable Guest Services and check Enable External Guest Authentication
- Select HTTP client Redirect Protocol
- Under “Web Server”, select HTTPS protocol and create new object for Splash page. Enter 443 as Port Number
- Select Auth Pages tab and enter “/api/pages/xxxxxx/” to all input fields. “xxxxxx” is your Splash page identifier, from Console.
- Click OK to save Changes