This page explains configuration of SonicWall devices to work with IronWifi Captive Portal.
- SonicWall Access Point is setup and running the latest firmware.
- 802.1x SSID is already configured.
- DHCP and DNS are appropriately configured.
- IronWifi initial setup is complete. This includes Network and Captive Portal settings.
- SonicWall Access Point can communicate with IronWifi servers.
- The Guest SSID VLAN can communicate with IronWifi servers.
- All systems are appropriately licensed.
The last step is to Allow remote connections on your Firewall. IronWifi needs to be able to connect to the SonicWall Guest Services to authorize connected clients. Guest Services are listening on port 4043 and IronWifi will try to connect to the URL in this format:
The source IP address will be same as is the Captive Portal URL - splash-static.ironwifi.com, so no further changes are required in your SonicWall firewall rules.