This page explains basic configuration for Mist Systems Access Points and external Captive Portal with RADIUS authentication.
IronWifi Console configuration
- Log in to the IronWifi Console
- From the menu, go to Network -> Captive Portals -> New Captive Portal
- Fill in Name, select Network, select Mist Systems as Vendor
- Copy the Splash Page URL from Captive Portal settings page, eg. https://us-east1.ironwifi.com/r-umj79-****-****/
- Add at least one Authentication Provider
MIST Web GUI configuration
In the Mist Web GUI, create a Guest WLAN to use your captive portal pages. This requires an administrator account Network Admin privilege or higher.
- To start, create a new WLAN by navigating to Network -> WLANs and selecting the Add WLAN button on the upper right.
- Under the Security section, select the desired WLAN security mode
- Go to the Guest Portal box and select Forward to external portal. Here, please provide the Splash page URL that you copied from our Captive Portal settings page.
- Enter the IP 126.96.36.199/32 to Allowed Subnets input field.
- Click Create to create the new WLAN on your site. The API Secret will automatically be created for you.
- Return back to the WLAN settings page and copy the API Secret.
- Go back to the IronWifi console and paste the API Secret to Controller Password on the Captive Portal settings page.