Toubleshooting error messages in windows
Check that your client has a certificate to authenticate and that you are using the correct WiFi configuration profile or XML.
Trusted Root issues
Check that you've done the following:
Told your RADIUS Server which certificates are allowed to connect.
Imported the active RADIUS Server certificate as trusted root on your client.
Also check your reports (IronWiFi console -> Reports -> Authentication Requests) There is a detailed description of the error.
If your Clients need to verify on connecting the first time, and you're seeing this dialog:
Make sure that you have referenced the Server certificate in your WiFi Profile:
1. Mon Jul 12 12:38:09 2021 : ERROR: (14872) eap_tls: ERROR: SSL says error 20 : unable to get local issuer certificate
2. Mon Jul 12 12:38:09 2021 : ERROR: (14872) eap_tls: ERROR: TLS Alert write:fatal:unknown CA
3. Mon Jul 12 12:38:09 2021 : Error: tls: TLS_accept: Error in error
4. Mon Jul 12 12:38:09 2021 : Auth: (14872) Login incorrect (eap_tls: SSL says error 20 : unable to get local issuer certificate): [host/8dc38402-20fb-41db-a8f3-4e4e95637173/<via Auth-Type = eap>] (from client contoso port 1 cli 18-9K-EA-0H-7F-C5)
It can be one of this options:
Your RADIUS server doesn't know the issuer of the certificate which was used for authentication. Add your CA .
Your Client doesn't know the Server certificate and rejects the connection. Check that you've added your Server certificate.
You've changed/added a new Server certificate and your XML profile on the client is using the old one. In that case, please double-check that you've either updated your WiFi/Wired profile or re-generated your XML after adding the certificates and pushed that to your clients.
Fatal decrypt error
1. Wed Apr 7 08:14:39 2021 : Auth: (312) Login incorrect (eap_tls: TLS Alert write:fatal:decrypt error): [host/00128t09-cbna-469c-9768-2783d28eikl9/<via Auth-Type = eap>] (from client contoso port 1 cli 84-FD-D1-8C-0E-33)
2. Wed Apr 7 08:14:41 2021 : ERROR: (320) eap_tls: ERROR: TLS Alert write:fatal:decrypt error
3. Wed Apr 7 08:14:41 2021 : Error: tls: TLS_accept: Error in error
... then it is probably a bug of the TPM software on your Windows machines.