How to configure Square as a payment gateway to accept payments on your captive portal
IronWiFi and Square Integration:
- Create an IronWiFi account the first >>> Open an account
- Follow the provided instructions to set up your AP configuration >>> AP configuration instructions
- Follow instructions how to integrate your Square with IronWiFi⬇
1. Navigate to your Square account > https://squareup.com/us/en
2. Navigate to the "Developer Dashboard" section
3. Click on "New Application" to create a new application in Square.
4. Enter the required details for your application, such as the name and description.
5. Once you have created your application, navigate to the "Credentials" section of the developer dashboard and generate your API credentials
6. Navigate to IronWiFi Console > Networks > Captive Portals > Your Captive Portal > Authentication Providers
To accept payments through Square on the captive portal, you will need to create an authentication provider as well as hotspot plans that the visitors will be able to purchase.
7. Click Add new. You will need to provide credentials from your Square app
- Method - Paid Access
- Transaction Processor - Square
- Application ID - Get this value from your Square app
- Secret Key - Get this value from your Square app
- Location ID - Get this value from your Square app
- Format - Display format of the hotspot plans on your splash page
- User Group - Guests will inherit attributes assigned to this User Group
- Organizational Unit - Guests will be added to all groups assigned to this Organizational Unit
- Guest Profile - Guest profile settings
- MAC-Based Reauthentication - Guests will be authenticated automatically next time they join the network
8. Scroll down to Paid Access, and click Add a plan and create your plans.
9. Scroll up and test your Integration with Square