Authenticating Apple and iOS devices with IronWiFi – Follow the steps below to configure Apple machines and mobile devices for authentication with an external identity providers (Google Apps, Azure..)
Generate a Mobile profile
Download Apple Configurator from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-configurator-2/id1037126344?mt=12
1. Start Apple Configurator, click File -> New Profile -> Wi-Fi -> Configure.
2. Select WPA2 Enterprise Security Type, and check TTLS EAP Type.
3. Select PAP for Inner Authentication
4. Save the new profile to the desired location.
Install the profile to your mobile device
1. Send the profile via email to the desired device.
2. Retrieve the profile in the intended device. Open the received file using Safari.
3. Accept the profile and install the included certificate on the intended device.
4. Click Install button to install the profile.
Authenticate to Wireless network
1. Use provided username and password to log into the network using the device/machine.
2. If synchronized with a Google Apps domain, you can use your Google Apps password
3. Device has now been authenticated and approved for access.