Gather email addresses automatically to your Hubspot list
Integration with Hubspot allows you to gather email addresses automatically to your Hubspot list. All you need is create a private app in the Hubspot platform.
1. In your Hubspot account go to the Settings page>Account Setup>Integrations>Private Apps
2. Click create a private app
3. On the Basic Info tab, configure the details of your app:
- Enter your app's name.
- Hover over the placeholder logo and click the upload icon to upload a square image that will serve as the logo for your app.
- Enter a description for your app.
- Next, select the scopes to authorize based on the APIs that your integration uses.
To find out which scopes your app will need:
- You can define which scopes the app will have, which determines what data and actions the app will be able to access within your HubSpot account. Scopes can include access to contacts, companies, deals, or other types of data, as well as the ability to create, update, or delete that data. By specifying scopes for your private app, you can ensure that it only has the necessary access to perform its intended functions, while minimizing the risk of unauthorized access or data breaches.
- Compile a list of HubSpot APIs that your existing integration uses.
- For each API request, navigate to the associated developer documentation (e.g., the contacts API).
- Click the Endpoints tab, then scroll to the endpoint your integration is using.
- Under the Requirements section, locate the scopes required to use the endpoint. Whenever possible, you should opt for scopes listed under Granular scopes instead of the ones under Standard scopes. If no granular scopes are listed, use the standard scopes.
5. Click Create app in the top right. You can always make changes to your app after you create it.
6. With your private app created, you can start making API requests using its access token. On the Details tab of the settings page of your private app, click Show token under your access token to reveal it.
7. Go to your IronWiFi account/console>Account Settings
8. Scroll down to the Marketing section and find Hubspot API token. Paste your Hubspot private app token to this tab.
9. Navigate to the Networks>Captive Portal, section Guest Profiles>Add to Hubspot> set enabled
10. If you wish to sign up all your guests, update the Authentication Providers source code and change the opt_in input type from checkbox to hidden and set value to "on"
<input type="checkbox" name="opt_in"/>
<input type="hidden" name="opt_in" value="on"/>
You can create a new contact in Hubspot with the following information. Your registration form should have the following names for input fields:
Contacts can be linked to Hubspot forms by adding the following:
- formId (enter value from your Hubspot form)
- portalId (enter value from your Hubspot form)
<input type="hidden" name="formId" value="*********"/>
<input type="hidden" name="portalId" value="*********"/>