How to configure Braintree as a payment gateway to accept payments on your captive portal
To accept payments through Braintree on the captive portal, you will need to create an authentication provider as well as hotspot plans that the visitors will be able to purchase.
1. Go to Networks -> Captive Portals -> Your Captive Portal -> Authentication Providers and click Add new. You will need to provide credentials from your Braintree account.
- Method - Paid Access
- Transaction Processor - Braintree
- Client ID - Get this value from your Braintree account
- Merchant ID - Get this value from your Braintree account
- Public Key - Get this value from your Braintree account
- Secret Key - Get this value from your Braintree account
- Environment - Sandbox / Production
- Format - Display format of the hotspot plans on your splash page
- User Group - Guests will inherit attributes assigned to this User Group
- Organizational Unit - Guests will be added to all groups assigned to this Organizational Unit
- Guest Profile - Guest profile settings
- MAC-Based Reauthentication - Guests will be authenticated automatically next time they join the network
2. Scroll down to Hotspot plans, and click Add new and create your plans.